Six Sigma is important these days because it is a data-driven methodology that helps organizations to improve their operational efficiency, reduce waste, and increase customer satisfaction. The goal of Six Sigma is to achieve near-perfect quality in the products and services that a business offers, by reducing variability and defects in the production and delivery processes.
There are several reasons why Six Sigma is important in today’s business environment:
- Customer Satisfaction: Six Sigma helps businesses to improve their products and services by reducing defects, improving quality, and meeting customer needs and expectations.
- Operational Efficiency: Six Sigma helps businesses to streamline their processes and eliminate waste, which improves operational efficiency and reduces costs. This can help businesses to remain competitive and profitable in today’s dynamic business environment.
- Continuous Improvement: Six Sigma is a continuous improvement methodology that helps businesses to identify areas for improvement and implement solutions that lead to long-term success. By adopting Six Sigma principles, businesses can create a culture of continuous improvement that helps them to stay ahead of the competition.
- Data-Driven Decision Making: Six Sigma relies on data and statistical analysis to identify problems, evaluate solutions, and measure success. This data-driven approach helps businesses to make informed decisions that are based on objective data, rather than subjective opinions.
- Globalization: As the world becomes increasingly interconnected, businesses need to adopt standardized methodologies like Six Sigma that can be applied across different cultures and regions.
Lean six sigma- White Belt
Last Updated: 2022-04-25
Start your lean six sigma journey here
How will Learnfly help you become better at Six Sigma?
There are many online courses that offer Six Sigma training and certification. These courses typically include video lectures, interactive exercises, and quizzes to help learners understand the principles and concepts of Six Sigma. Many training providers offer in-person Six Sigma training courses. These courses are typically led by experienced instructors who provide hands-on training and real-world examples to help learners understand how to apply Six Sigma principles in their own organizations. There are many books and study materials available that cover the principles and methodologies of Six Sigma.
If you are new to Lean Six Sigma and looking for an easy to comprehend course, here is one for you. In this course, we shall cover:
- Why Lean Six Sigma is required?
- What is Six Sigma?
- What is Lean philosophy and management?
- Comparison of Lean & Six Sigma.
- Concept of value, value stream and waste.
- Learn the basic tools and their implementation.
- Learn how to create charts like Pareto, and the histogram in excel along with the basic charts- Bar, Pie & Line.
There are a lot of supporting templates as well, for your reference.
What are the expected prerequisites?
No prerequisites, only willingness to learn about Lean Six Sigma will help.
- Management students interested in Lean Six Sigma methodology
- Professionals interested in starting Lean Six Sigma journey
- Improvement team/ Six Sigma project members new to Lean Six Sigma
How to sign-up for the course?
You need to purchase the courses offered. When you sign up, you’ll immediately have unlimited viewing of thousands of expert courses, paths to guide your learning, tools to measure your skills and hands-on resources like exercise files. There’s no limit on what you can learn and you can cancel at any time. Once you complete any course on our platform along with provided assessments by the instructor, you will be eligible to get a certificate of course completion.