DevOps tools combine software development and IT Operations for increasing the organisational ability to deliver service at a higher speed. DevOps tools help teams to automate, manage and monitor the software delivery pipeline.
Angular Material: The full guide using a Spring boot API
Last Updated: 2023-01-17
Develop a full stack web application using Spring boot and Angular Material Design
Here is the top 10 DevOps tools list that emphasises the automation of software development skills like building, testing and detecting to yield a faster time-to-market high-quality product.
- Kubernetes DevOps maintains and automates the deployment, scaling and operation of applications that are contained as containers. This is a powerful bundle of solutions equipping operations engineers to scale and service server setups. Kubernetes DevOps orchestrate a large number of containers, ensuring efficiency in their operations, scaling them up and down as required, handling failover and recovering automatically, enabling the well-organised development and deployment of complex applications.
- Docker is another containerisation platform for DevOps tools allowing teams to compile the applications and the dependencies within the containers. Docker is a DevOps tool that helps to automate the deployment and management of applications into a single node.
- Slack is another popular DevOps tool used to improve communication and collaboration between different teams of development and operations for an efficient software delivery process. Slack is frequently used in recent times as a centralised platform for team members to share and discuss different topics as well as issues related to the software delivery pipeline.
- Jenkins DevOps provides a platform for automating software development including building, testing and deployment of code changes and running automated tests to ensure the functioning of the code to the optimum. Jenkins DevOps also runs security scans and performs tasks as part of continuous integrations.
- Ansible for DevOps is a simple yet powerful automation language that allows developers to describe infrastructure and application configuration as code, and then automate the deployment and management of that code across multiple systems. In a typical DevOps workflow, Ansible for DevOps is used to automate the provisioning and configuration of servers, containers, and other infrastructure components. With Ansible for DevOps, developers can easily create playbooks that define the desired state of a system and then use those playbooks to deploy and configure systems in a consistent and repeatable manner.
- SignalFx is another DevOps tool and is a cloud-based monitoring and observability platform that provides real-time insights into the performance and health of modern applications and infrastructure. It offers a range of monitoring and analytics capabilities to help DevOps teams quickly identify and resolve issues, optimize system performance, and improve the overall reliability of their systems.
- Raygun is an application performance monitoring and error tracking software that helps developers and DevOps teams identify and diagnose errors and performance issues in their software applications. Raygun offers a suite of tools for monitoring applications in real-time, tracking user behaviour, and identifying issues across different platforms and devices Raygun provides real-time error tracking that enables DevOps teams to identify and diagnose errors as they occur in their applications. The platform provides detailed error reports, including stack traces, metadata, and user information to help teams quickly identify the root cause of issues, as well as Raygun offers performance monitoring.
- Selenium provides a suite of tools for automating web browsers to test web applications, including a WebDriver API for interacting with web pages, and a testing framework for writing and running automated tests. With another DevOps tool Selenium, developers and testers can automate the testing of web applications across multiple browsers and platforms, helping to ensure that their applications work as expected for all users. Selenium tests can be written in various programming languages, including Java, Python, and C#, and can be executed locally or in the cloud.
- Gremlin is a cloud-native framework to test applications on platforms like AWS, Azure, GCP, and Kubernetes as well as Windows and Linux. Gremlin runs chaos experiments to check the reliability of cloud infrastructure, and build an efficient and resilient system.
- GitLab DevOps is a web-based DevOps platform that provides a complete DevOps toolchain for managing the entire software development lifecycle. It offers a range of features and tools for managing source code, building and deploying applications, and monitoring application performance. Source code management: GitLab DevOps provides a powerful source code management system that enables teams to collaborate on code, manage code branches, and merge code changes. It supports Git, the most popular version control system, and provides a web-based interface for managing code repositories. GitLab DevOps offers an integrated CI/CD pipeline to automate and deploy applications.